Thursday, June 2, 2011

Brake light out on 91 Jeep Cherokee?

I can't believe I'm asking this, but how in the heck do I change my brake light in my 91 Jeep Cherokee? I opened up the rear door, and can not see anywhere to access the bulbs. The brakelight housing (is that what it is called?????) looks too complicated to get into, and I'm confused. Other cars I have had had easy access to the bulbs. Am I totally missing something here? Thanks!Brake light out on 91 Jeep Cherokee?
Yess you are .... You need to take the lens itself off to get at the bulbs ... On my 89 that i had i think it was just two star screws ... Look closely at the lens to find the screws ... You will need to buy the right star screwdriver at any auto parts store... they should be able to tell you what size it is ... Your going to pull the entire lens out of where it sits and the wires are attached to it so be careful .... Just go nice and easy when you pull them out and you should be fine.... The bulb sockets are the kind that you twist to get out .... You should be able to do the whole thing at the auto parts store and that way you can get the right bulbs..... Good Luck ; )Brake light out on 91 Jeep Cherokee?
No problem , glad i could help....

Report Abuse

  • names to match brother
  • web development
  •