Thursday, September 22, 2011

How do I fix the brake lights on my Audi A6?

I have an Audi A6 and I have been getting a warning light that says to check my %26quot;brake ligthts%26quot;. My regular brake lights work fine. The row of small brake lights in the rear window have three lights that are out, but all the rest in the row are working.

Is this a fuse problem or do I need to change the three bulbs? If it's the bulbs, how do I change them?How do I fix the brake lights on my Audi A6?
If its just 3 lights its not a fuse. If it the LED lights I think you have to replace the hole unit. If its not just start taking things apart till you get to the lights, Im not sure of the specifics for the sedan since I have an avant, but for me there are just a couple screws and then everything thing else pops off with plastic tabs, be careful not to break any.How do I fix the brake lights on my Audi A6?
dont be cheap take it to a mechanicHow do I fix the brake lights on my Audi A6?
Honestly, just changing the bulbs could be a problem for you. We have special scan tools at the dealership that scan the whole system to make sure it's not more than a faulty bulb. A lot of the time the tools can detect improper wiring problems and other serious conditions. Best and safest bet is to get an appointment set up for your A6 at one of the dealerships. We do full scans, and that way you can find out if all your information is up to date, and if there are any 'silent recalls' you will have those fixed under warranty possibly. We often have recalls for software updates rather than real safety issues... this could also be what the A6 needs to help with the light problem...