Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do I turn off the Brake Pad Wear light on the dashboard of my e36 BMW?

I've just had my brakes changed and the mechanic said that he couldn't make the light turn off. Anyone else in the same boat? Or know what to do?How do I turn off the Brake Pad Wear light on the dashboard of my e36 BMW?
You could go to your local parts store our mechanic and have them just take it off with thier computer or this actually means that the brake wear sensor needs to be replaced. Which means that you need new brakes. The brake senseor goes near the brake pads their is usally one in back and one in front and are usually $30. Dont buy parts from dealers I found them to be extremely expensive just go to local parts store. Good Luck!How do I turn off the Brake Pad Wear light on the dashboard of my e36 BMW?
Perhaps the brake pad sensor was not replaced. If it was, assuming that the sensor is not defective,

then all that is needed is to turn on the key but do not start the engine, then wait approximately

30 seconds, the brake pad light will turn off by itself.How do I turn off the Brake Pad Wear light on the dashboard of my e36 BMW?
I work as a mechanic, and we usually have to remove codes from the ABS computer to get that light to turn off. Either that, or your mechanic didn't replace the pad sensors.